Through WhatsApp Pay, you can send money online to anyone. And that money gets credited directly to the person’s bank account to whom you send it. WhatsApp has launched this feature on 6 November 2020 in India. If you also use WhatsApp. So you can take advantage of this feature. This feature of WhatsApp Pay works with UPI.
How to enable WhatsApp Payment?
To enable WhatsApp payment, you can follow the steps given below
- First of all, you have to open your WhatsApp app.
- In your WhatsApp, click on the three dots appearing above on the right side.
- You will see the option of Payments and click on it.
- As soon as you click on the option of Payments, you will see the option of Add payment method.
- You have to click on Add payment method. After clicking the Add payment method, you will be asked to link your bank and select your bank and add it.
- (Remember, your WhatsApp Number and the mobile number you have given in the bank should be both the same number)
- Now you will get to see some term and condition and read it and make it Agree.
- Now Verify your Mobile Number.
- After Verifying Mobile Number, you have to Verify your UPI.
- Now you will see your bank list, select your bank and click on it.
- Now you have to create Virtual Payee Address, in which you will have to fill your Debit Card details.
- After filling the details of the debit card, you can click on submit and you can make WhatsApp payment
How to send money on WhatsApp?
Sending money through WhatsApp Pay is as easy as sending a message or photo.
- For this, open WhatsApp and go to the contacts you want to send money to.
- Now you click on the attachment icon given below, then the option of payment will also appear along with Gallery and Documents.
- Now type in the amount of money you want to send. With this, you can also write Massage.
- After this, the money will go after inserting the UPI PIN.
Important things related to payment from WhatsApp
- If you pay through WhatsApp, then both the sender and the recipient have to have WhatsApp Updated Version.
- Both the sender and the receiver must have WhatsApp Payment Enabled.
- Both Sender and Receiver must be registered with UPI.
- Your WhatsApp Number is the same number that must be linked to your Bank.
You can also read